So I think your real problem has absolutely zero to do with arduino or microcontrollers.

Also interesting you criticize people for wasting your time. People use libraries to save time. There's little point in poring over 15,000 pages of chinese datasheets just to get a display to light if someone has done it already.

If your time is so valuable as you so frequently emphasize, then you shouldn't criticize people for trying to save their own time.

-Dan