I use a commercial product made for women's complexion, sold on shopping channel - I bought mine at a Goodwill store  called a Derma-wand  seems to generate adjustable (not sure voltage or current) which has a glass tip I hold up to the glass envelope of a nixie and causes several or all the digits to glow.    It generates a lot of ozone which is not good for skin or eyes or lungs but few seconds should do no harm.

Phil

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Jeff Aylesworth <jeffayleswo...@gmail.com>
Date: April 2, 2018 at 2:04 PM

Hi Terry,
The guy did have a LOT of neon sign manufacturing materials and other equipment. He was definitely either some sort of professional or deep into electrical/electronic hobbies. I suppose they could have been castoffs for sure but the date codes and other markings match across the lot.

The lowest hanging fruit seems to be the plasma ball proximity test.

Jeff