Forgot to mention that I have tried inductors from 100 - 270 uH range in
various frequency combinations. I also simulate stuff,
preferably using LTSpice (using TINA on most TI chips due to lack of
spice-models).

The inductors were selected to be well above the peak-peak from simulations.

Most chips can have the frequency configured easily by replacing a resistor
and/or capacitor. My experiments have been in the 40-60 kHz range.