I have sites hosted on GoDaddy and find them very slow.

I also have sites on Digital Ocean (DO) who I find both cheap and extremely
fast. I'm moving all my sites across. DO is more "raw" in that you generally
don't get cpanel, i.e. just raw Linux plus whatever you want to run on it, but
it's very quick even for the lowest virtual server ("droplet") options. GoDaddy
is painful by comparison. DO is for techies...

If you want cpanel etc. at a good price and very very fast, try SiteGround, who
are again far faster than GoDaddy (IMHO).

Nick