Hello,

I scoped the 5V and it all looked just fine, I am using the same 12V Buck
converter that I have used everywhere else - I will try adding caps next.

The 12V supply is capable of delivering much more than the required current
and it is also driving a 6 digit B-7971 device at the same time

I removed the HV enable/disable line - no difference.

I will report back once I have added some capacitors.