> On Jan 31, 2021, at 5:51 PM, Mac Doktor <themacdok...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I finally got a macro program and used it to do all of the mousing for me.
> LUXURY.

I hit send too soon.

At the time I was working for a local printer. My workflow was to draw the
board at 200%, print it out on their 300DPI laser printer, and shoot a negative
at 50% with their enormous old camera. This increased the resolution to 600DPI
and smoothed out the edges of angled traces. Analog anti-aliasing.

I used the negative to expose pre-sensitized blank boards and etch them. My
etching tank was a deep Pyrex® (borosilicate glass) baking dish with a long
aquarium aerator "bar" in the bottom. This was connected to an air pump with a
bleeder valve that I used to vary the pressure and therefore the amount of
bubbling. This in turn agitated the board so strongly and evenly that a perfect
etch (with used ferric chloride) only took a few minutes—unattended.

I set up my Unimat as a miniature drill press, clamped the board on the milling
table, and used the precision feed-screws to drill perfectly spaced and aligned
holes.

Those were the days.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com/

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it
said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl
Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980