Hello.

Is the filament glowing visibly after one minute of power on?

Is the filament fuse still good? Can you confirm current flows there?

If all above check positive, in dark room do you see the green shade of the
beam out of the screen?

My kit draws less than 2A, I am quite sure. 650 mA go to the filament (1A
before conversion?!), the rest for HV. Is there any component getting hot?
I reversed a voltage regulator...

Paolo