I'm positive this has been covered before, but somehow I can't find a post
that describes to me what I need to do.  I want to separately scan with
Nmap, then fire up Nessus to run certain tests on certain boxes.  It
doesn't appear to work the way I think it should.  I'm currently doing
this:

$ nessus -v
nessus (Nessus) 1.2.0 for Linux
# /usr/local/sbin/nessusd -v
nessusd (Nessus) 1.2.0 for Linux

$ nmap -V
nmap V. 2.54BETA32
$ nmap -O -sS -sU -Tinsane -oG nmap.out X.Y.Z.0/24

Then I want to slurp only the relevant results into nessus to fire off
some NASL scripts:

$ grep "139/open" nmap.out | cut -d" " -f2 >> newtargets
$ nessus -V -c nessusrc -T nsr -q nessusd-server 1241 username \
password newtargets output-`date +%y%m%d`.nsr > scan.log

This is what I've got (regarding nmap) in my nessusrc:

$ grep -i nmap nessusrc
 Nmap[radio]:TCP scanning technique : = SYN scan
 Nmap[checkbox]:UDP port scan = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:RPC port scan = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:Ping the remote host = yes
 Nmap[checkbox]:Identify the remote OS = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:Use hidden option to identify the remote OS = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:Fragment IP packets (bypasses firewalls) = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:Get Identd info = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:Perform a fast scan = no
 Nmap[checkbox]:Do not randomize the  order  in  which ports are scanned = yes
 Nmap[entry]:Source port : = any
 Nmap[radio]:Timing policy : = Insane
 Nmap[entry]:Host Timeout (ms) : = 1000
 Nmap[radio]:Port range = Default range (nmap-services + privileged ports)
 Nmap[file]:File containing nmap's results : = /home/hornung/windows-password/nmap.out
 Nmap[entry]:Min RTT Timeout (ms) : =
 Nmap[entry]:Max RTT Timeout (ms) : =
 Nmap[entry]:Initial RTT timeout (ms) =
 Nmap[entry]:Ports scanned in parallel =
 Nmap[entry]:Minimum wait between probes (ms) =

Can someone please tell me why this isn't working?  If you need more
information I'd be happy to share.  Nessus appears to ping all of the
hosts in question, and the scan.log indicates that it fired off a bunch of
scripts, but there is no output in the NSR file (it has size 0) when it is
finished.

____________________________________________________________________________
 Michael Hornung, University Computing Services, Computing & Communications
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Phone: 206.221.4634  Fax: 206.221.6966
  PGP Public Key 0x82B06992 = http://staff.washington.edu/hornung/key.html

Reply via email to