My understanding was that Nessus did not use the grepable (-oG) nmap 
format, just the normal (-oN).

-j


On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Michael Hornung wrote:

> I'm positive this has been covered before, but somehow I can't find a post
> that describes to me what I need to do.  I want to separately scan with
> Nmap, then fire up Nessus to run certain tests on certain boxes.  It
> doesn't appear to work the way I think it should.  I'm currently doing
> this:
> 
> $ nessus -v
> nessus (Nessus) 1.2.0 for Linux
> # /usr/local/sbin/nessusd -v
> nessusd (Nessus) 1.2.0 for Linux
> 
> $ nmap -V
> nmap V. 2.54BETA32
> $ nmap -O -sS -sU -Tinsane -oG nmap.out X.Y.Z.0/24
> 
> Then I want to slurp only the relevant results into nessus to fire off
> some NASL scripts:
> 
> $ grep "139/open" nmap.out | cut -d" " -f2 >> newtargets
> $ nessus -V -c nessusrc -T nsr -q nessusd-server 1241 username \
> password newtargets output-`date +%y%m%d`.nsr > scan.log
> 
> This is what I've got (regarding nmap) in my nessusrc:
> 
> $ grep -i nmap nessusrc
>  Nmap[radio]:TCP scanning technique : = SYN scan
>  Nmap[checkbox]:UDP port scan = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:RPC port scan = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Ping the remote host = yes
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Identify the remote OS = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Use hidden option to identify the remote OS = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Fragment IP packets (bypasses firewalls) = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Get Identd info = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Perform a fast scan = no
>  Nmap[checkbox]:Do not randomize the  order  in  which ports are scanned = yes
>  Nmap[entry]:Source port : = any
>  Nmap[radio]:Timing policy : = Insane
>  Nmap[entry]:Host Timeout (ms) : = 1000
>  Nmap[radio]:Port range = Default range (nmap-services + privileged ports)
>  Nmap[file]:File containing nmap's results : = 
>/home/hornung/windows-password/nmap.out
>  Nmap[entry]:Min RTT Timeout (ms) : =
>  Nmap[entry]:Max RTT Timeout (ms) : =
>  Nmap[entry]:Initial RTT timeout (ms) =
>  Nmap[entry]:Ports scanned in parallel =
>  Nmap[entry]:Minimum wait between probes (ms) =
> 
> Can someone please tell me why this isn't working?  If you need more
> information I'd be happy to share.  Nessus appears to ping all of the
> hosts in question, and the scan.log indicates that it fired off a bunch of
> scripts, but there is no output in the NSR file (it has size 0) when it is
> finished.
> 
> ____________________________________________________________________________
>  Michael Hornung, University Computing Services, Computing & Communications
>  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Phone: 206.221.4634  Fax: 206.221.6966
>   PGP Public Key 0x82B06992 = http://staff.washington.edu/hornung/key.html
> 

-- 
Joe Mondloch
Network Security Engineer
Berbee
5520 Research Park Drive   Madison, WI 53711
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
608.298.1096   Fax 608.288.3007

Reply via email to