Upon further inspection it appears that my trouble may be caused by a
misunderstanding on my part.  In the nessusrc, what do the mystical
numbers here stand for?

begin(SCANNER_SET)
 10180 = yes
 10277 = no
 10278 = no
 10331 = no
 10335 = no
 10336 = no
 10796 = no
 10841 = no
end(SCANNER_SET)

*MAYBE* half of those nessus ID numbers are searchable as plugins on the
web page.  The rest of the numbers are nowhere to be found.  Can someone
explain to me what those scanner_set options do?  I fear that maybe I've
disabled some feature that I need to get things working.

____________________________________________________________________________
 Michael Hornung, University Computing Services, Computing & Communications
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Phone: 206.221.4634  Fax: 206.221.6966
  PGP Public Key 0x82B06992 = http://staff.washington.edu/hornung/key.html

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 at 23:59, Renaud Deraison wrote:

|On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 02:47:52PM -0700, Michael Hornung wrote:
|> I'm positive this has been covered before, but somehow I can't find a post
|> that describes to me what I need to do.  I want to separately scan with
|> Nmap, then fire up Nessus to run certain tests on certain boxes.  It
|> doesn't appear to work the way I think it should.  I'm currently doing
|> this:
|>  Nmap[file]:File containing nmap's results : = 
|/home/hornung/windows-password/nmap.out
|[...]
|> Can someone please tell me why this isn't working?  If you need more
|> information I'd be happy to share.  Nessus appears to ping all of the
|> hosts in question, and the scan.log indicates that it fired off a bunch of
|> scripts, but there is no output in the NSR file (it has size 0) when it is
|> finished.
|
|It looks correct. What do you see in nessusd.messages ? Is there a file
|called "tmp.XXXX" in /usr/local/var/nessus/ while the scan is going on ?


Reply via email to