Hi:
I have a question concerning how nessus runs when services are not running on their standard
ports.
 
For instance, if I were to run an smtp server on port 80, and no http server at all.
I note that the find_services.nasl plugin will be first run and it will fill up the kb item concerning
smtp to 80. The item concerning http will not be filled.
 
Now, the plugins corresponding to smtp will run properly, since they will be run on the
port corresponding to the kb item for smtp. However, what will happen to the plugins corresponding
to http?
 
Since the kb item corresponding to http is not filled, will these plugins assume that http runs
at the default port, that is 80, and even these plugins will be run on the service (in this case smtp)
that runs on port 80?
 
Appreciate a clarification.
 
regards,
Samir Kelekar
Teknotrends Software
Bangalore
 
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to