Hi Troels,

What type of port scan are you using? I suspect that you may indeed have the problem but not notice it because you're using a CONNECT() port scan. Could you run the attached NASL script on your SuSE box, and capture the packet using "tcpdump -v" ? That will verify the checksum. On my SuSE 9.0 system it is invalid, and this is due to a kernel bug. The only solution is to fix the kernel bug (i.e. use a different kernel) or put a workaround in Nessus. A version of nmap with such a workaround already exists.

I would be very interested to see the results.

Regards,

Paul


Troels Larsen wrote:


Uhm,

I'm running Nessus on SuSE 9.0.... no problems... no special kernel..

The only issue I had was the SuSE RPM's (which punted on pings)
I switched to the nessus installer.. no problems

I just installed all the nessesary prerequisites, and I believe I linked
gtk-config to /bin

Everything works fine

/Troels



--
Paul Johnston
Internet Security Specialist
Westpoint Limited
Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street,
Manchester, M1 5LN
England
Tel: +44 (0)161 237 1028
Fax: +44 (0)161 237 1031
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.westpoint.ltd.uk

ip = forge_ip_packet(   ip_v : 4,
                        ip_hl : 5,
                        ip_tos : 0,
                        ip_len : IP_LEN,
                        ip_id : 0xABA,
                        ip_p : IPPROTO_TCP,
                        ip_ttl : 255,
                        ip_off : 0,
                        ip_src : srcaddr);

tcpip = forge_tcp_packet(    ip       : ip,
                             th_sport : 1234,
                             th_dport : 80,
                             th_flags : TH_SYN,
                             th_seq   : 0xF1C,
                             th_ack   : 0,
                             th_x2    : 0,
                             th_off   : 5,
                             th_win   : 512,
                             th_urp   : 0);

result = send_packet(tcpip);
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to