Damn back to square one.   Ran the nessus uninstaller.  Ran fine no issues.
Restarted my pc ran the nessus installer and is went through and completed
successfully.  Made the cert. then added a user.   Now when I do a scan as
it waits about 10 sec after I start the scan and pops up the report screen
with nothing in it.  Any ideas.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: JR Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 11:21 AM
To: 'Troels Larsen'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: 'Scot Turner'
Subject: RE: errors in installation

Yes the machine I use has an AMD proc.  But I am trying what you have
recommended and now I get through the scan and check progress bar but
nothing shows up in the report screen.   I am going to uninstall and then
reinstall.   But nice side is I am farther than what I was.   

Scot, thanks for the info I will do the uninstall.  

-----Original Message-----
From: Troels Larsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 9:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: errors in installation

And to be a bit more specific...

I did a:
#> ln -s /opt/gnome/bin/gtk-config /usr/bin/gtk-config

But only since the installer complained that gtk-config wasn't in my
path

Otherwise, I just made sure to install on an updated system

I'm on an Intel P4 maybe it's an AMD related issue?

/Troels

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Troels Larsen
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 4:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: errors in installation

Uhm, 

I'm running Nessus on SuSE 9.0.... no problems... no special kernel..

The only issue I had was the SuSE RPM's (which punted on pings)
I switched to the nessus installer.. no problems

I just installed all the nessesary prerequisites, and I believe I linked
gtk-config to /bin

Everything works fine

/Troels

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of JR Williams
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 3:59 PM
To: 'Hemsley, Trevor'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: errors in installation

I had the same issue and performed the action you have recommended.  I
have
also contacted Renaud Deraison because of the issue.  He recommended
talking
to Suse I have done so.  Trying to save a user the aggravation I went
through.   A lot of time was wasted with Suse tech support.  If someone
could actually get a report using Suse 9, (without using the Vanilla
Kernel,
newbies may have a problem) would love to see how the person got it to
work.
There are too many postings about the issue and all of them go back to
everyone was using Suse 9 and it didn't work after all the proper pieces
are
installed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hemsley, Trevor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 8:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: errors in installation

However, to resolve the original posters link problem, he's missing the
package xdevel. Install it and this problem will go away.

There may still be problems actually running Nessus on SuSE 9.0
afterwards
but they can be solved too.

-----Original Message-----
From: JR Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 February 2004 14:45
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: errors in installation


If you are using Suse 9 change to Redhat.   I run both systems and have
not
gotten it to work I have also contacted Suse and their comment is "You
need
to contact the developer of the program and have them resolve the issue.
After reading the postings, seems the only way to get it to work with
Suse
is to use a "Vanilla" kernel (Received this info from a previous post
that I
did with the same issue.)   Suse is no help in this matter.  Since I was
evaluating both RH and Suse I am using RH and will be dumping Suse.
There
Techs said "There are over 3000 programs that are for Linux." My reply
"How
many of those 3000 program will I have this same issue."  I am still
waiting
for an answer.   Good side is if you use Suse 8.2 is supposedly works
fine.

JR Williams

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 12:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: errors in installation

Installing via sh nessus-installer.sh and it runs thru, what appears to
be
most of the installation, then errors at this......


x -- Compiling
nasl_func.c: In function `insert_nasl_func':
nasl_func.c:111: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible
pointer
type
x -- Installing
x - Compiling the core
x -- Configuring the sources for your system
x -- Compiling
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.1/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/l
d:
cannot find -lXi
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [nessus] Error 1
make: *** [client] Error 2
**** An error occured :/
Do you want to save the compilation log to analyze what went wrong ? [y
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus




************************************************************************
***********
Alle priser oplyst af DCE Group A/S er excl. moms & fragt, medmindre
andet er angivet. Der tages forbehold for kurssvingninger og udsolgte
varer.
************************************************************************
***********

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus




****************************************************************************
*******
Alle priser oplyst af DCE Group A/S er excl. moms & fragt, medmindre andet
er angivet. Der tages forbehold for kurssvingninger og udsolgte varer.
****************************************************************************
*******

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to