Hi Renaud,

Thanks a lot for that reply.. Things are a lot more
clearer now..

find_service.nes does a great job is populating the
Knowledge base..

But, If I just want to run the find_service.nes plugin
as a standalone, and just want to look at the
Knowledge base.. I cannot do it because unfortunately,
since it is a .nes plugin, I cannot run it with the
"nasl" command to just populate the KB.. ( As the nasl
command supports only the .nasl plugins, I think )

How do I get over that ? Is there any way that I can
run only the find_service.nes plugin and look at the
KB ?

I am sorry if the question is naive

Regards

Ashutosh.

--- Renaud Deraison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:36:21AM +0000, Ashutosh
> Naik wrote:
> > If you look at the order at which the plugins are
> > launched.. find_services.nes is not the first
> plugin
> > that is launched.. 
> 
> It's among the first. The plugins that are launched
> before either do
> something which is not service related (ie: the icmp
> plugins) or related
> to a fixed port service (udp/53 request). Read the
> plugins and their
> dependencies, and it should make sense.
> 
> 
>                               -- Renaud
> _______________________________________________
> Nessus mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to