Ashutosh,

find_service is dependent on the results of a port scan so you can't run it completely stand-alone. However if you want to run it and not the bulk of a Nessus scan, just enable that one plugin, "enable dependencies at runtime" and "enable kb saving". Do the scan, read the knowledgebase.

Hope this helps,

Paul


Ashutosh Naik wrote:


But, If I just want to run the find_service.nes plugin
as a standalone, and just want to look at the
Knowledge base.. I cannot do it because unfortunately,
since it is a .nes plugin, I cannot run it with the
"nasl" command to just populate the KB.. ( As the nasl
command supports only the .nasl plugins, I think )


--
Paul Johnston
Internet Security Specialist
Westpoint Limited
Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street,
Manchester, M1 5LN
England
Tel: +44 (0)161 237 1028
Fax: +44 (0)161 237 1031
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.westpoint.ltd.uk


_______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to