On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:11:59PM -0800, Ashutosh Naik wrote:
> 
> Hi Renaud,
> 
> Thanks a lot for that reply.. Things are a lot more
> clearer now..
> 
> find_service.nes does a great job is populating the
> Knowledge base..
> 
> But, If I just want to run the find_service.nes plugin
> as a standalone, and just want to look at the
> Knowledge base.. I cannot do it because unfortunately,
> since it is a .nes plugin, I cannot run it with the
> "nasl" command to just populate the KB.. ( As the nasl
> command supports only the .nasl plugins, I think )
> 
> How do I get over that ? Is there any way that I can
> run only the find_service.nes plugin and look at the
> KB ?

There is an ugly way to force a .nes plugin to run in standalone mode,
but it involves modifying it. Also, find_services.nes in itself is
useless, as it needs the KB to know which ports are open, so it means
you want a way to run the port scanner AND find_services from
command-line, and there's no easy way to do that at this time.


                                -- Renaud
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to