Renaud Deraison wrote:

[snip]
> For your use case, you should use nessusd -t which performs a checksum
> on each plugin and only reprocesses those which changed. It's way
> faster and should remove the pain.

That does seem to be a lot faster thanks, however it never returns
control to the console, you need to Ctrl-C it.

A quick "strace nessusd -t" reveals that it sits there trying to bind to
ipv6 or something - which I have disabled on my Linux install (and have
enable_listen_ipv6=no in nessusd.conf) :

open("/proc/net/if_inet6", O_RDONLY)    = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

> Also, prior to putting the script into the plugins/ directory, you
> should use nasl -L to make sure it parses properly.

Yes that's a good point!
--
Simon John
nessus at the-jedi.co.uk