On Saturday 14 April 2018 01:40 AM, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
Hello,

Glad to see progress on this, much needed.
thanks

I wonder if there is a better way for safe and dynamic string concatenation in the JDK, this errmsg[56] looks scary.
sure, i will fix it.

Did you tried to support it on Windows, even if it does not support all 3 parameters it might be important to be available (I think Oracle Database supports it for DCD on Windows, too)
I already mentioned in mail, support for other platform can be added in future if needed. Only "Windows 10 1709" support all three socket options(TCP_KEEPIDLE, TCP_KEEPCNT, TCP_KEEPINTVL).  These are socket options, we want set/get both, I tried to implement  keepalive times using WSAloctl (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd877220(v=vs.85).aspx) but  it is not possible to get the current *SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS* for a socket, MSDN says that WSAIoctl output buffer is not used.

Thanks,
Vyom

Gruss
Bernd

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
*From:* net-dev <net-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net> on behalf of vyom tewari <vyom.tew...@oracle.com>
*Sent:* Friday, April 13, 2018 11:50:39 AM
*To:* OpenJDK Network Dev list
*Subject:* RFR:8194298 Add support for per Socket configuration of TCP keepalive
Hi All,

Please review the below code.

BugId    : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8194298

webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vtewari/8194298/webrev0.0/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Evtewari/8194298/webrev0.0/index.html>

Currently Java supports SO_KEEPALIVE, whose default value is 7200
seconds which is too long for most of the applications. This code change
will allow us to set the keepalive
parameters(TCP_KEEPIDLE,TCP_KEEPCNT,TCP_KEEPINTVL)  which will configure
the idle time on per socket basis.

I did code changes for Linux & Mac only, support for other platforms can
be added in future if needed.

Thanks,

Vyom