Dave,

The level of detail was less. Sorry for that.

Ok. Coming to the point, I am a computer science graduate mainly working on
C/C++/Java programming language projects for nearly three years.

My passion was always to contribute a little bit to the opensource
softwares.

You might ask why I chose net-snmp? Well, the company I work for develops a
SNMP subagent for major operating systems. So, I came to know of net-snmp
which happens to be SNMP main agent.

This might also provide me a good insight of how net-snmp works behind the
scenes.

Hope this is good enough for the details you might need?

Thanks,
Vivek