On 9 January 2013 14:03, Vivek Nagaraj <nagaraj.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My passion was always to contribute a little bit to the opensource softwares.
> This might also provide me a good insight of how net-snmp works behind the
> scenes.

OK - so you're looking for some idea about what you might do
with/for the project   -   rather than wanting assistance with a
particular task that you've already got.   Is that correct?

   What O/S setups do you have access to?
One possible task might be to look at some of the MIBs that are
only supported on selected environments, and look at porting
them to another O/S.   That would typically involve discovering how
the necessary information could be retrieved from the target O/S,
and merging this in with the existing code for that MIB.

Or see if there's a MIB that isn't currently supported, and look
at implementing that.  (Which is similar to the above, but would
involve the SNMP/MIB side too)

Another option might be to look through the list of "feature requests"
(found under the 'ticket' section of the project's S/F site), and
see if there's anything that catches your interest there.

Or if you were feeling really keen, have a look through the 'bugs'
tickets, and see if you could tackle some of those.   That would
really make you friends among the core development team!

If I've misunderstood what you're looking for - or if you've got
an idea about what you'd like to work at, but would need some
guidance/advice - just let us know, and we'll try to help.

Dave