Den 29-08-2013 00:40, Srinivasa Rao Katta skrev:
> Gone to net-snmp web site and downloaded the following source tar ball;
>
> net-snmp_V5-7-patches_snapshot_20130828_0403.tar.gz
>
> I have extracted the net-snmp_V5-7-patches_snapshot_20130828_0403.tar
> under my existing  net-snmp-5.7.2 source root folder and done configure
> it with gcc -m64 and compiled with make cmd.

I would have extracted it to a new directory, just to avoid confusion.

> I am new to git branch information and Is it ok  like  extracted the
> patch tar file under net-snmp-5.7.2 root folder?
>
> I got following compilation errors after run the make cmd;
> notification/snmpNotifyTable.c: In function
> `notifyTable_register_notifications':
> notification/snmpNotifyTable.c:329: error: structure has no member named
> `nameData'
> notification/snmpNotifyTable.c:330: error: structure has no member named
> `nameLen'
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target

Did you do a make clean first? I dont get any errors when compiling for
Solaris 8, 10 or 11.

Please try extracting to a clean directory, then recompile.

By the way, why do you need those LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables when running
the agent? This is also a bit worrisome. How exactly do you run the
configure and make?

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen - @home - Ã…rhus - Denmark - n...@users.sourceforge.net
The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers   ---   R W Hamming