On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Dave Shield <d.t.shi...@liverpool.ac.uk>wrote:

> On 6 May 2010 17:12, Bart Van Assche <bvanass...@acm.org> wrote:
> > There is one open issue for the V5.4 branch I'm absolutely not happy
> with:
> >
> http://www.mail-archive.com/net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg25049.html
> .
>
> That seems to be a consequence of patch #2890931
> (to add support of Counter64 values within the perl module).
>
> I've had a quick attempt to add 'snmplib/strtoull.c' to the Win32 build
> environment, but without any success.   I'm inclined to reverse the
> above patch (and re-open the tracker entry), so that we can get the
> releases out with no further delay.
>
> Unless anyone can provide a fix for the strtoull compilation problem....
>
> Note that the only other occurance of this call are as follows:
>
>    mibgroup/util_funcs
>    sctp-mib/sctp{Scalars,Tables}_linux.c
>    udp-mib/data_access/udp_endpoint_linux.c
>
>              (all Linux-only code)
>
>    if-mib/data_access_interface.c
>
>             (any architecture)

The Perl Counter64 code is buggy anyway, with or without patch #2890931.
According to the strtoul() and strtoull() man pages, it is not guaranteed
that errno is set when the conversion of a non-zero argument succeeded. See
also
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/functions/strtoul.html.

Bart.