Krishna Vivek Vitta via Net-snmp-users
<net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Intitially, snmpwalk succeeds for 10-12 mins, but later it fails with
> Authentication failure which is puzzling. We are clueless on how to
> proceed ahead.

Can you see if it works using snmpwalk and not just zabbix?

>   * Deleted the user and re-added again. The behavior is same after certain
> time
>   * Changed the engine id. The behavior is same

Make sure the engineid being reported is actually what you expect (don't
know why it would be different, but...)

Can you also see if the engineid boots and time values look good both
incoming and outgoing?  IE, are they syncing ok like they should?

>   * Deleted the user and re-added with MD5/DES. Polling is success without any
>     errors in long run.

Very odd.

--
Wes Hardaker