hi ruth,
thank you for this great list : )  the trouble with lists is that there
are always more to add on (such as your good self!) & it's hard to know
when to stop. there are so many amazing & relatively-unsung women
working away out there.

it will be really great to see you & many other inspiring women at the
/etc in istanbul. we're doing the 090909 UpStage festival from there too : )

h : )

Ruth Catlow wrote:
> Hi Kathryn,
>
> Thanks for your post. It got me thinking about how important the
> visibility of other women's work is to me in my daily doings. There is
> then something about a lot of this works' basis in networks that makes
> me feel much more connected to it than I might be to work of other women
> artists.
> in the meantime I have been thinking about...
>
> Annie Abrahams - for one of my favourite early netart works, Separation
> http://bram.org/separation - and for her networked performances
> including the multiple series with panoplie
> http://aabrahams.wordpress.com
>
> Daphne Dragona - curatorial work with networked consciousness in the
> field of games art a - especially the amazing Homo Ludens Ludens at
> Laboral
> http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/2008/05/homo-ludens-ludens-quick-conve.php
> and her work with Personal Cinema
>
> Aurea Harvey - for her part with Entropy8Zuper in early intimate
> networked performances http://entropy8zuper.org/wirefire and for Endless
> Forest, Tale of Tales's bucolic social screensaver
> http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest
>
> Mary Flanagan - for her energetic explorations as academic, educator,
> artist and programmer at the intersection of games, art and feminism
> and exploring collaborative approaches to thinking about values in
> http://www.valuesatplay.org/
>
> Aileen Derieg - her writing about life in the Freie Szene in Linz on the
> Furtherfield blog http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=blog/8 and
> translations of writing at the intersection of art, technolgy and social
> change.
>
> The  De Geuzen crew - Renee Turner, Femke Snelting and Riek Sijbring -
> especially for their project Female Icons
> http://www.geuzen.org/female_icons/
>
> Helen Varley Jamieson - for Upstage cyberformance platform
> http://upstage.org.nz/blog/
>
> Maja Kalogera - for some great digital artworks, curating exhibitions
> and facilitating Upgrade in Zagreb http://www.wowm.org/site_v7/index.php
>
> Kate Southworth- her thinking on feminism/networks and her ongoing
> artistic collaboration with Patrick Simon with Glorius Ninth
> http://www.gloriousninth.net
>
> Ele Carpenter - http://www.elecarpenter.org.uk/ for tech inspired and
> facilitated participation with Open Source Embroidery, her curatorial
> project exploring artists practice that explores the relationship
> between programming for embroidery and computing.
>
> Kate Rich - her imaginative, sideways and wonderfully parasitical
> project, Feral Trade, for trading goods along social networks. She has
> constructed a live shipping database, The Feral Trade Courier, "for a
> freight network running outside commercial systems. The database offers
> dedicated tracking of feral trade products in circulation, archives
> every shipment and generates freight documents on the fly."
> http://www.feraltrade.org/

> [...]

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
he...@creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz