Hello Marc,Thank you for being one of the few males bothering about this -
will you be place a pledge?

Karen...

Pledge "AdaLovelaceDay"

"I will *publish a blog post on Tuesday 24th March about a woman in
technology whom I admire* but only if *1,000* other people will do the
same."

— Suw Charman-Anderson
(contact<http://www.pledgebank.com/AdaLovelaceDay/contact>)

Deadline to sign up by: *24th March 2009*
*1,341 people have signed up (341 over target)*

*More details*
Ada Lovelace Day is an international day of blogging to draw attention to
women excelling in technology. Women's contributions often go
unacknowledged, their innovations seldom mentioned, their faces rarely
recognised. We want you to tell the world about these unsung heroines.
Whatever she does, whether she is a sysadmin or a tech entrepreneur, a
programmer or a designer, developing software or hardware, a tech journalist
or a tech consultant, we want to celebrate her achievements.

It doesn't matter how new or old your blog is, what gender you are, what
language you blog in, or what you normally blog about - everyone is invited
to take part. All you need to do is sign up to this pledge and then publish
your blog post any time on Tuesday 24th March 2009. If you're going to be
away that day, feel free to write your post in advance and set your blogging
system to publish it that day.

We will gather as many of the posts together on the day as we can, and we'll
let you know exactly how we're going to do that nearer the time. For ongoing
updates about Ada Lovelace day, please follow us on Twitter, join our
mailing list or see our blog.

http://findingada.com/
http://twitter.com/FindingAda

Who was Ada?
Ada Lovelace was one of the world's first computer programmers, and one of
the first people to see computers as more than just a machine for doing
sums. She wrote programmes for Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine, a
general-purpose computing machine, despite the fact that it was never built.
She also wrote the very first description of a computer and of software.