Hi Simon,

I think that it adds a healty 'nuance' to the mix, if us males actively
support and propose women for Ada Lovelace day, as well as all the other
women who have so far. Unless there are any objections out there?

I was wondering if you could include links regarding your own suggestions?

marc

Hi hope it is OK for the male’s of the species to propose women for Ada
Lovelace day too.

I would like to propose:

N Katherine Hayles and Margaret Morse for their ground breaking work on
digital literatures and interactive media.

Vera Molnar for her pioneering work in developing expressive yet
rigorous approaches to computer graphics.

Steina Vasulka, Joan Jonas and Pauline Oliveros for setting artistic
agendas.

Kathy Rae Huffman and Anne Marie Duguet for their diverse activities,
across three decades, to put new media arts and women’s practice, in
this area in particular, on the agenda of museums, galleries, journals
and the press.

There are many others...

Regards

Simon

Simon Biggs
Research Professor
edinburgh college of art
s.biggs@ eca .ac.uk
www. eca .ac.uk
www. eca .ac.uk/circle/

si...@littlepig.org.uk
www.littlepig.org.uk
AIM/Skype: simonbiggsuk

Edinburgh College of Art (eca) is a charity registered in Scotland,
number SC009201