Rachel Beth, this is a fantastic list!
Imagining that these women inspire you, I am even more pleased to think of you
teaching at the University of San Francisco - where I started learning
programming in basic in 1977, at which point it was made quite clear to me
that as a female liberal arts student (dressed in the uniform of the day for
intellectual women, namely tattered jeans and my brothers' old shirts), I was
anything but welcome in the computer science department.

I can easily imagine you inspiring your students today - and passing on that
kind of inspiration is what really matters.

Now that I have finally subscribed to this mailing list, I have a list of
inspiring women in my head as well - just need to get it into a
non-telepathic form.
Thank you Ruth and Marc for the invitation,
Aileen

In so many words: http://eliot.at