Hi Ann,

Thanks for the contribution: )

Re:
<<Have to say that I was a bit stunned to find myself with mails to this
list listed by Google. Wouldn't it be nice to let people know before
they are invited to join the list?>>

Thanks for flagging this up. It's a good question that, perhaps
surprisingly, hasn't really come up before on this list. We will
certainly be clearer about this in future whenever we invite people to
join.

mails appear in Google because they are archived here
http://www.mail-archive.com/netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org/

My feeling is that email discussion lists like NetBehaviour are most
valuable when they are used as semi-public fora...like an open debating
chamber in which lots of people can participate by stumbling across it,
lurking and speaking when the spirit moves them; ) but I recognise that
this is a different discussion.

Anyway thanks again,

Ruth

http://furtherfield.org