Alexander Cockburn wrote an excellent article about the US (and the West)
addiction to war. We play war all time, our most popular tvshows are about
war, the most seen films are about war, war is the ultimate drug, our
economy fails without war, it's the war and the war industry who is the
motor for the civilian society.
The Greek-French  psychoanalyst and philosopher Cornelius Castoriadis wrote
a remarkable book called "Avant la guerre". In the book he stated that in
the Sovjet the militar society had the civil society as a hostage. And the
American general and president Dwight Einsehower said we were the hostages
of the military industrial system.
And it was in the 50:s.
Now we are the hostages of the banks as well.And it's the banks who finance
the wars and the developing of new weapons.
Women in Black, an activist group where I belong, demonstrated last week
against the war in Lybia with a post "Don't bomb dictators, stop to sell
weapons to them".
Ana

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Rob Myers <r...@robmyers.org> wrote:

> On 01/04/11 02:17, Joel Weishaus wrote:
> >     PALL, PLEASE DON'T BREAK MY FINGERS, I NEED THEM FOR TYPING!
>
> Sorry, I can't intervene. That would be wrong.
>
> You can however take comfort from the knowledge that I will be working
> hard to see Pall clearly in pop-psychological and conspiracy-theorist
> terms.
>
> - Rob.

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci