On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 20:06:43 -0400 (EDT)
Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com> wrote:

> On Odyssey. Or Columbia I am. Or Humlab.
>
> - Alan

Hi Alan,

I've checked these places quite regularly, but they're nearly always
abandoned. Last night there were five avatars in Odyssey, one stood by
a wheelbarrow, with the others underground beneath the hill. I made
some attempts to try and find them (without any idea of what I'd do if
I did) but after an hour or so gave up.

By the end of it though I had at least enjoyed exploring Odyssey and
found lots more in it than I had previously realized.

In my explorations of SL, I've often found small groups of avatars
hidden 'underground' in inaccessible locations. I'm guess that these
are land owners, and the locations are only accessible to them?

Cheers,
James.

PS been hoping to see some of your stuff in there!

> On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, James Morris wrote:
>

> > attempting to run second life in arch linux amd64
> >
> > snowglobe is the most successful so far:
> > http://jwm-art.net/image/j4m35_String-Crash.png
> >
> > secondlife-bin from AUR presents black window.
> >
> > trying imprudence...
> > seems to work:
> > http://jwm-art.net/image/imprudence-j4m35-string.png
> >
> > so where is all the interesting stuff?