On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 04:14:34PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> I was never able to get any browser running on NetBSD to properly run flash
> and other hideous things which are required these days.  The browsers were
> pretty old versions, too.  Maybe things have got better now, don't know.

Yes, the things have improved a lot. I have also been through times when
flash wouldn't work on NetBSD. But in recent past as much as I recollect I
have not faced any problem with firefox and flash.

> I was using OpenOffice, but it was buggy (and so is LibreOffice - I'm trying
> to learn LyX at the moment because I got tired of the formatting problems,
> lagging etc. of LibreOffice).

That is somewhat a universal phenomenon with WYSWYG software, no matter
which platform and which office product. So wouldn't say it's NetBSD's
fault! Learning LyX or latex is definitely a better thing to do.

> Maybe I'll give NetBSD a try on my older desktop system after getting the new
> one into production use.. :)

Reminds me. When I was new to NetBSD I installed it on a partition as an
alternative/backup system for fun and learning. Do not recollect a precise
reason or point in time when it ended up being my primary system pushing
my erstwhile primary system to play a backup role. I still have majority
of my data on ext3 partition, which was a result of arrangement I started
with.

Mayuresh.