On 05/06/2017 09:07 AM, David Ahern wrote:
> Lightweight netdevices are not added to sysfs; bypass kobject
> initialization.

I was wondering if we actually needed a flag to tell: this is a
lightweight device, but still let it show up in /sys. All use cases that
I have in mind (getting the physical port name etc. etc) can be done via
netlink which is not restricted even with LWT devices, so this sounds
reasonable. In case we need to revisit that, we can always add more
flags to control the lightweight devices creation and how this
percolates through the networking stack.

Thanks!
--
Florian