I shouldve read the thread backward. My earlier email was asking
similar question to Roman.

On 2019-10-23 2:38 a.m., Vlad Buslov wrote:

On Tue 22 Oct 2019 at 21:17, Roman Mashak <m...@mojatatu.com> wrote:

Hi Roman,

I considered it, but didn't find good way to implement my change with
TCA_ROOT_FLAGS. I needed some flags to be per-action for following
reasons:

1. Not all actions support the flag (only implemented for hw offloaded
    actions).

2. TCA_ROOT_FLAGS is act API specific and I need this to work when
    actions are created when actions are created with filters through cls
    API. I guess I could have changed tcf_action_init_1() to require
    having TCA_ROOT_FLAGS before actions attribute and then pass obtained
    value to act_ops->init() as additional argument, but it sounds more
    complex and ugly.

I really shouldve read the thread backwards;->
The question is if this uglier than introducing a new TLV for every
action.

cheers,
jamal