On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Eric Paris wrote:

> Maybe I'm way out on a limb here but if I am a regular user and I say
> rm /tmp/* and I only have permissions to delete some of the files I
> expect just those couple to be delete, not the whole operation denied.

I don't think this analogy holds up, as rm is a per-file deletion
operation, and it is the shell which expands the wildcard for you.

A 'flush' has a semantic implication that all entries will be removed, and
it should be atomic and either succeed or fail at that granularity.

- James
--
James Morris
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>