Brian,
        A multicast address should never be the target of a neighbor
discovery request; the sender should use the mapping function for all
multicasts. So, I'm not sure that your example can ever happen, and it
certainly is ok to send ICMPv6 errors to multicast addresses in general.
But I don't see that it hurts anything. either (since it should never
happen :-)),
so I don't particularly object, either.
        I think it'd also be better if you add the check to be:

        if (ipv6_addr_type(target) &
(IPV6_ADDR_LINKLOCAL|IPV6_ADDR_UNICAST))

or something along those lines, rather than reproducing ipv6_addr_type()
code
separately in a new ipv6_addr_linklocal() function.

                                                +-DLS