On 03.02.2016 16:17, Daniel Borkmann wrote:
On 02/03/2016 02:33 PM, Jiri Pirko wrote:
Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 02:31:33PM CET, bro...@redhat.com wrote:
On Wed,  3 Feb 2016 11:47:56 +0100
Jiri Pirko <j...@resnulli.us> wrote:
From: Jiri Pirko <j...@mellanox.com>
[...]
It is available here:
https://github.com/jpirko/devlink

IHMO this very short command name "dl" is not an advantage.  It is
simply too unspecific and short for a good Google search.  E.g. when
searching for good examples for using "dl".  I think "devlink" would be
better.  If you like short commands do: alias dl="devlink"

I was thinking about using "devlink". Decided to go with shortened
version so this is in-line with "ip". But you have a point.

Btw, if you add this tool into iproute2 (which would be preferred), then
probably dl should be ok (and easier retrievable in that relation).

This doesn't seem to be too much related to networking? Why can't something like this be in sysfs?

Bye,
Hannes