On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:43:40AM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2002 09:51, Harald Welte wrote:
>
> > Well, as you know, it is now resolved - the mangle5hooks patch has
> > made it into 2.4.18-preX and is definitely working since
> > 2.4.18-rc1.
>
> I am not referring to what hooks mangle shold hook into, but it's
> priorities.

yes, I understood your question correctly.  But since there was now
committed a patch (with 5 hooks and their respective priority), you
can guess that there was some 'making up the mind'.  This actually happened
at the netfilter developer workshop and we agreed upon the same priority
as used up to now.

Result: If anybody needs a table attached before connection tracking, he
will have to introduce a new table.  There's no problem with that, and
it won't hurt anybody else.

> When I last proposed this patch your were thinking of moving mangle
> infront of conntrack, to be able to exclude packets from conntrack I
> think. Moving mangle infront of conntrack breaks parts of this patch
> as the most common use of this patch is to mark packets on their
> conntrack entry for use in routing.

As stated above, those plans are buried now.

> The .??*-test and libipt_* files goes into extensions (4 in total,
> one match and one target), the CONNMARK.* files into patch-o-matic (8
> in total).

thanks. I will apply them now.

--
Live long and prosper