On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 11:50:46AM +0100, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> On 11/28/18 2:10 PM, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> > On 11/28/18 1:44 PM, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Now that the iptables.git repo offers arptables-nft and ebtables-nft,
> >> arptables.git holds arptables-legacy, etc, why we don't just rename the
> >> repos?
> >>
> >> * from arptables.git to arptables-legacy.git
> >> * from ebtables.git to ebtables-legacy.git
> >>
> >> This rename should help distros understand the differences between them
> >> and better accommodate the packaging of all the related tooling.
> >>
> >> Mind that the rename may have side effects in tarball
> >> generation/publishing etc. I would expect the new arptables tarball to
> >> include the '-legacy' keyword, and same for ebtables.
> >>
> >> If we go ahead with the rename, a new release is worth having,
> >> announcing these changes as well.
> >>

> > Also,
> >
> > please consider applying the attached patch.
> >

> ping :-)

Phil suggested no rename of the trees, I can update the description in
git.netfilter.org to place LEGACY there. Concern as you mentioned is
that it may break existing links/scripts. Not sure git support
redirections from old repo URI to new one...

I think it's fine to apply a patch to add the "-legacy" postfix as we
do in iptables.

Are you OK with this approach?

Thanks.