Balazs Lengyel <balazs.leng...@ericsson.com> writes:
> Problem: how do you restrict values for (3) - file-compression so that
> it is one of the nodes-supported-compression-types. The natural solution
> would be to use a must expression or a leaf-ref, but as
> nodes-supported-compression-types is config-false data, it is not
> allowed to constrain the config=true leaf, file-compression, with it.

I'm no expert at this, but it seems to me that the way to do it is to
have the overall data structure be config-true but make the contained
supported-compression-types be config-false.  You can nest config-false
nodes in a config-true structure.  The Yang would be something like
this:

typedef Compression-Method {
}

list node {
  config true;
  key name;

  string name;

  leaf-list supported-compression-methods {
    type Compression-Method;
    config false;
  }

  Compression-Method compression-method;
  must "compression-method ... supported-compression-methods";
}

Dale