Hi Mahesh,

From: Mahesh Jethanandani
<mjethanand...@gmail.com<mailto:mjethanand...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 5:25 PM
To: Acee Lindem <a...@cisco.com<mailto:a...@cisco.com>>
Cc: "netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>"
<netmod@ietf.org<mailto:netmod@ietf.org>>
Subject: Re: [netmod] Key Strings in ietf-key-chain operational state

Acee,

This is something we ran into with ietf-keystore model also. The thoughts are
that key strings should never leave the device. If anything most devices have
tamper proof capability (FIPS 140-2) to wipe the keys out if tampered with or
exported. So exporting the string, encrypted, even with NACM would defy that.

So, what we have today would with the key strings omitted from the operational
state would be consistent with the direction for the ietf-keystore model.
Correct?

How will this be enforced when we have an applied-config datastore?

Thanks,
Acee

On Nov 30, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Acee Lindem (acee)