On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 09:37:21PM +0000, Acee Lindem (acee) wrote:

> In the days of MIBs, we used to omit key strings from the data that would be
> returned. This was ostensibly done for security purposes.

This is not correct. In SMIv2, INDEX objects are not accessible
because the values of these objects are embedded in the instance
identifier. In other words, making INDEX objects not-accessible was a
performance optimization, forcing SNMP managers to extract the INDEX
object values out of the instance identifiers. Making INDEX objects
not accessible does _not_ hide any information.