On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 09:20:36AM +0100, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:

> I think we need protocol and YANG specs that are not tied to any particular
> model and that are thus capable of matching unforeseen real-world
> implementations. This is no sci-fi, HTTP and XML schema languages work this
> way.

I disagree that HTTP and XML schema languages do the same thing. Our
goal is interoperable configuration of network devices; the notion of
configuration datastore validation and specification of semantics goes
well beyond what you usually find in web interactions, where typically
all semantics are left to the implementor of a service. We validate
configurations (residing in datastores), not the syntactic aspects of
protocol messages. But yes, I am looking forward to a concrete I-D.