> So rfc8022bis-02 publishes the v2 module, and the the deprecated version
> of the v1 module as an appendix?

Lou and I were just discussing if appendix can be normative or not.  I always
thought no, but I haven't checked.  This is a grey area, in that understanding
that the old module is deprecating is not needed in order to understand the
new module, and we really just to ensure extraction tools work...

> I see "kind of ugly" as a feature in the this case, someone looking at
> the updated v1 module isn't going to be able to miss that whatever they
> are looking at is deprecated. ;-)

Funny, and true

K.