On 9/14/2017 12:36 PM, t.petch wrote:
> Appendices are Normative if they say that they are Normative.  The
> default is that they are not so say that they are and they are.  This is
> well established practice.

Hi Tom,
    My memory (I haven't checked recently) is there is nothing in or
defined process that says if an Appendix is normative or not.  Other
SDOs certainly have formal definitions here.  Within the IETF, my view
has been that if an appendix includes RFC2119 language, it is
normative.  Actually, strictly speaking, any text in a Standards Track
RFC that doesn't include RFC2119 language is just informative.

Lou