Finally, even if there is common meta-data structure that is shared by multiple features, that still doesn't mean that it has to go in the base YANG library spec, that can still just be shared common extension.

Thanks,
Rob

On 13/02/2018 21:25, Alexander Clemm wrote:
My proposal is to add this to the YANG data model.  I think this logically
belongs to YANG library which is why I would like to see it there.  I also
think it will be useful to many implementations.  All, probably not, but they
have also survived without YANG library for a while:-) Of course, it is always
possible to write another draft or do a bisbis.
Cheers
--- Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:29 PM
To: Alexander Clemm <alexander.cl...@huawei.com>
Cc: Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanand...@gmail.com>; NETCONF WG
<netc...@ietf.org>; NETMOD WG <netmod@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netmod] [Netconf] LC on YANG Library (bis)

I must have missed your actionable proposal that is relevant for _all_ NETCONF
and RESTCONF implementations.

YANG data models are extensible so lets use that.

/js

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 07:58:37PM +0000, Alexander Clemm wrote:
Well, we need a general solution for that.  YANG-push is just one use case.
There are other cases where there will be "metadata" (that does not pertain to
instance data)  and capabilities that clients want to discover.  YANG library
(in
itself providing "metadata" about what a server supports and is capable of) is
an
excellent place to maintain this information.  It also provides the opportunity
be systemic about it, as opposed to requiring everyone to define their own
little
custom extensions.
--- Alex