Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 10:44:11AM +0100, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> >
> > OLD:
> >
> >        <flags> is one of:
> >          rw  for configuration data
> >          ro  for non-configuration data, output parameters to rpcs
> >              and actions, and notification parameters
> >          -w  for input parameters to rpcs and actions
> >          -u  for uses of a grouping
> >          -x  for rpcs and actions
> >          -n  for notifications
> >          mp  for nodes containing a "mount-point" extension statement
> >
> > NEW:
> >
> >        <flags> is one of:
> >          rw  for configuration data
> >          ro  for non-configuration data, output parameters to rpcs
> >              and actions, and notification parameters
> >          -w  for input parameters to rpcs and actions
> >          -u  for uses of a grouping
> >          -x  for rpcs and actions
> >          -n  for notifications
> >          mp  for nodes containing a "mount-point" extension statement
> >
> >          case nodes do not have any <flags>.
>
> I still think that it should be 'data node' instead of just
> 'data'. While not formally imported, the term 'data node' has a
> definition in RFC 7950.

But choice is not a data node.  So if anything, it should be:

           rw  for configuration schema nodes
           ro  for non-configuration schema nodes, output parameters to rpcs
               and actions, and notification parameters

or possibly just

           rw  for configuration nodes
           ro  for non-configuration nodes, output parameters to rpcs
               and actions, and notification parameters

But then an "rpc" is also a "non-configuration schema node"... so now
it is not really clear which rule to follow for an rpc.

/martin