On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 03:45:49PM +0100, Martin Bjorklund wrote:

> I agree that using well defined terms add clarity.  However, the
> proposed text is not quite right.  Possibly:
>
>           rw  for configuration data- and choice nodes
>           ro  for non-configuration data- and choice nodes,
>               output parameters to rpcs and actions, and
>               notification parameters

Good.

> But maybe it is actually better to leave the original text, and go
> through the entire document wrt terminology in a future update (if
> necessary).  After all, the document is in AUTH48.

I do not agree. 'data' is entirely undefined - it means nothing. How
do I know that 'data' includes 'choice nodes'? I think we better fix
this here.

I agree that a general careful check of terminology should be done in
an update but I do not see why AUTH48 says we should not fix the
problem that was discovered. And for me, a fix is not a fix if things
are left ambiguous.

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>