On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 02:00:23PM +0100, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 10:44:11AM +0100, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> > >
> > > OLD:
> > >
> > >        <flags> is one of:
> > >          rw  for configuration data
> > >          ro  for non-configuration data, output parameters to rpcs
> > >              and actions, and notification parameters
> > >          -w  for input parameters to rpcs and actions
> > >          -u  for uses of a grouping
> > >          -x  for rpcs and actions
> > >          -n  for notifications
> > >          mp  for nodes containing a "mount-point" extension statement
> > >
> > > NEW:
> > >
> > >        <flags> is one of:
> > >          rw  for configuration data
> > >          ro  for non-configuration data, output parameters to rpcs
> > >              and actions, and notification parameters
> > >          -w  for input parameters to rpcs and actions
> > >          -u  for uses of a grouping
> > >          -x  for rpcs and actions
> > >          -n  for notifications
> > >          mp  for nodes containing a "mount-point" extension statement
> > >
> > >          case nodes do not have any <flags>.
> >
> > I still think that it should be 'data node' instead of just
> > 'data'. While not formally imported, the term 'data node' has a
> > definition in RFC 7950.
>
> But choice is not a data node.

EVEN NEVER

       <flags> is one of:
         rw  for configuration data nodes and choice nodes
         ro  for non-configuration data nodes, output parameters to rpcs
             and actions, and notification parameters
         -w  for input parameters to rpcs and actions
         -u  for uses of a grouping
         -x  for rpcs and actions
         -n  for notifications
         mp  for nodes containing a "mount-point" extension statement

         case nodes do not have any <flags>.

My point is that 'data node' is a defined term in RFC 7950 and using
defined terms generally adds clarity.

/js

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>