On 04/10/2018 13:51, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
On Thu, 2018-10-04 at 13:36 +0100, Robert Wilton wrote:
On 04/10/2018 11:14, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
Phil Shafer <p...@juniper.net> wrote:
Bal?zs Lengyel writes:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clemm-netmod-nmda-diff-00
[I've moved to a "deep lurker" role here, but ...]

Can we ensure this model contains a "format" leaf in the RPC's input
so that future (and proprietary) formats can be supported?   That
leaf can be an identityref that defaults to yang-patch.
I think this is a good idea.  I would prefer the edit-config format
over YANG patch for describing a diff.  The edit-config format is more
suited for this purpose imo.
+1

I would like something closer to edit-config to be available via
RESTCONF as well.
YANG Patch is IMO better because it clearly separates the target for the edits
from the new content.

In edit-config these two are mixed together.
Yes, that is primarily why I prefer the edit-config.  I perceive that it is a denser and more efficient format.  I think that it is both easier to construct (when diffing two trees) and also more efficient to apply when generating an updated tree.

Thanks,
Rob

That being said, I support specifying format/media-type and having potentially
multiple options.

Lada

Thanks,
Rob