On 2019-11-04 14:46, Schönwälder, Jürgen wrote:
Hi,

what about this wording :

      [...]

       A node-instance-identifier value is an unrestricted
       YANG instance-identifier expression or the special
       value '/', which refers to the entire accessible tree.

      [...]

Yes, that should be "good enough" I think. Though when reading the
text from NACM for the umpteenth time, I got hung up on the word
"unrestricted" - doesn't that mean "require-instance true"?

From 7950:

9.13.1.  Restrictions

   An instance-identifier can be restricted with the "require-instance"
   statement (Section 9.9.3).

9.9.3.  The "require-instance" Statement

   The "require-instance" statement, which is a substatement to the
   "type" statement, MAY be present if the type is "instance-identifier"
   or "leafref".  It takes as an argument the string "true" or "false".
   If this statement is not present, it defaults to "true".

Probably not worth worrying about...

--Per